Gentle, Citronella Spray Makes Walking Safe
Whether you live in the city, where stray dogs are rife, or whether you live in a rural area, where you're more likely to come across a wild opossum or raccoon, encountering an aggressive, unknown animal can be both frightening and dangerous. But yelling or throwing something at a wild animal can be seen as menacing, and it could attack. You know that you need something to protect yourself and your loved ones, but pepper spray can not only blow back into your eyes and cause you harm, but it can also increase the aggression of the animal you're trying to deter.FEATURES:
Effective, humane animal deterrent
Citronella spray is safe for indoor & outdoor use
Can be used as a training aid for your dog
10 oz can - up to 15 sprays
We sell the holster from the pet corrector because it's easier to refill and sturdy
Perfect for walking, biking, mail men, etc
Convenient belt clip allows you to carry it even when exercising.
Sprays up to 10 - 12 feet.
How To Use the
SPRAYSHIELD® Animal Deterrent SprayPRODUCT USE…
To be most effective the spray stream should be aimed at or near the nose of an attacking animal. Before using SprayShield on an animal, the user should test the spray to become familiar with the range of spray.
- SAFETY: Citronella is the active ingredient and presents a strong odor to the animal causing them to be distracted from the object of their aggression. The propellant in the product is flammable, and if heated, the can may explode.
- EFFECTIVENESS: Independent sampling has shown that SprayShield is effective in controlling dogs exhibiting low to medium aggression. It should be noted, however, that while the product has matched the effectiveness of 10% pepper spray on dogs, it may not stop trained attack animals or those animals with a strong motivation to attack.
- HOW TO USE: The first defense is observation and awareness of the area. Potentially dangerous situations should be avoided. However, if faced with an attack situation SprayShield can be sprayed at or near the nose of the animal to distract it and allow valuable seconds for retreat to a safe place. A second or continuous spray may be used for those animals that persist.
- IF THE OWNER BECOMES HOSTILE: Remain calm. The owner most often assumes that you have sprayed their pet with pepper spray. Explain that the solution in SprayShield is not pepper spray and does not cause pain to the animal. The spray contains a natural essence, citronella oil, which serves merely to distract the dog. Let the owner smell the scent and spray a small amount on your hand to demonstrate that it does not burn like pepper spray.
- IF BITTEN BY A DOG: Immediately call Animal Control to report the bite so that the dog can be checked for proper rabies vaccination. If possible, keep the dog in visual contact until an officer arrives. This will help insure that the correct animal is identified. If unable to do this, attempt to have someone else do this for you. If the bite breaks the skin seek medical attention immediately.
Q- I am interested in the spray shield. However, I see that it can explode with heat. I live in Arizona where the temps can get to 117 degrees. When i'm out walking in the heat, is there a chance it could explode?
A- That would happen if you left it outside in direct sun for over two hours. As long as you are careful it won't happen. It definitely don't happen on a walk with it in your hand or pocket.