SENTRY Natural Defense® products are highly effective, yet they’re safe for use around your pets and your family when used as directed.
It's a Natural Solution to reducing flea issues by using
plants have developed highly effective defense mechanisms against potentially harmful insects.
Now, SENTRY has harnessed the power of these natural botanical extracts to produce a line of flea, tick and mosquito control products that features natural active ingredients such as peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, lemon grass oil and thyme oil. The exclusive formulations that feature these ingredients are safe to use around children and pets, but they're deadly to biting pests
How does SENTRY Natural Defense®
SENTRY Natural Defense® works by attacking a neurotransmitter only found in insects. Neurotransmitters control heart rate and metabolism. Insects such as fleas, ticks and mosquitoes produce a neurotransmitter called Octopamine. The natural oils found in SENTRY Natural Defense® block Octopamine - Causing a complete breakdown of the central nervous system - killing insects almost instantaneously.
Why is it safe?
Octopamine is not found in humans other mammals and birds or fish, thus these products that are deadly to insects are safe to use around children and other pets, when used as directed.
All natural Sentry® Natural Defense™ Flea & Tick Squeeze-On Treatment for Dogs
is a unique blend of plant oils that has been approved by the FDA. It is safe to use around people and pets. Product De-Tails:
- Safely kills insects on dogs and puppies for up to four weeks
- GREAT VALUE-Three-month Supply in Each Package
- Works on mosquitoes to prevent heartworm infestation!
- Available in three sizes -- dogs under 15 lbs, 15-40 lbs, and over 40 lbs.
: Peppermint Oil 3.00%, Cinnamon Oil 4.50%, Lemon Grass Oil 4.50%, Clove Oil 5.00%, Thyme Oil 5.00%, 2-Phenethyl Propionate 5.00%, Other Ingredients
: Vanillin, Isopropyl Myristate 73.00%
Caution to Humans: While this product is safe, you should avoid contact with eyes and wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
Caution to Domestic AnimalsDon't apply product directly in or on eyes, mouth, nose, or genitalia of animals. Not for use on puppies under 12 weeks.
Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant, or nursing animals. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
First Aid for Contact With Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Hot Line Number: Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or when going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-781-4738 for emergency medical treatment information.
See the Directions tab for more product information.
Directions for Use
: Read entire label before each use, and use only in accordance with label instructions. For use on dogs and puppies. Do not use on animals under the age of 12 weeks. Do not get this product in pet’s eyes or mouth. Do not bathe pet within the first 24 hours after squeeze-on has been applied. Households with more than one dog should not allow dogs to groom each other until solution has dried. Pets may be treated indoors or outdoors. Safe to repeat application as often as needed.
How to Apply
- For Dogs Weighing 15 lbs and Under: Apply one tube (1.5 ml) of this product as a spot or stripe to the dog’s back between the shoulder blades.
- For Dogs Weighing Between 15 lbs and 40 lbs: Apply one tube (3.0 ml) of this product as a spot or stripe to the dog’s back between the shoulder blades.
- For Dogs Weighing Between 40 lbs and Over: Apply the entire tube (4.5 ml) of this product as a continuous stripe to the dog’s back starting between the shoulder blades and ending directly in front of the base of the tail. In order to help reduce the occurrence of fleas and ticks, this product is best if used year round.
- Remove product tube from package.
- Holding tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body, cut or tear off the narrow end at the notches.
- While holding the animal with one hand, use the other to apply the solution.
- Invert the tube and use the narrow end to part the animal’s hair while gently squeezing to apply to the animal’s skin.
- Hold the animal a few seconds to give the solution time to be absorbed into the animal’s coat.
- When finished, wrap the tube in paper and put into the trash.