Development of a proprietary pattern system is a matter of honour for Hurtta. Hurtta�s product development team measures hundreds of dogs every year to improve the way the products fit. Since the number of dog breeds keeps growing, the pattern system must also live and evolve with its users. This is why we develop new products and size categories on an annual basis.
When you measure your dog, you make it easier to find the correct size category from Hurtta�s extensive selection of sizes. You can also fit products for your dog at the nearest pet shop to make sure they fit. Please see the Retailers section for your nearest Hurtta dealer.
1. Back length is measured from the withers to the base of the tail while the dog stands in the normal position (not from the collar). When measuring the back length, be very careful as depending on the dog�s position, the dimensions may vary by several centimeters.
2. Neckline measurement is taken from the widest part of the dog�s neck, i.e. from the base of the neck. The neckline of the overalls may be several centimeters larger than the neck measurement, as the neckline of the overalls can be adjusted smaller.
3. Chest measurement is taken from the widest part of the dog�s chest behind the forelegs. In order that the overalls have sufficient room for movement, the chest measurement of the overalls must be at least 5 cm larger in small size classes and at least 10�20 cm larger in large size classes. Breeds with long and thick fur need more room for the chest than dogs with short fur.
4. Waistline is taken from the narrowest section of the dog�s stomach in front of the hind legs. Always in front of the sex organs of a male dog, however. Together with the chest measurement, also the waist measurement can be several centimetres larger than the dog�s waist measurement. The waist of the Hurtta outdoor recreation overalls can be adjusted with a rubber band according to the size of each dog. The adjustability is important especially to male dogs and breeds with a narrow waste.
5. Front leg inner length is measured from the bottom of the chest along the inside of the leg to the wrist bone. The front leg should be shorter than the inside length of the dog�s leg. So that the dog can safely run and play while wearing the overalls, the front legs should at most reach the dog�s wrist. The length is correct when the front leg reaches the dog�s forearm.
6. Length of the hind leg is measured between the hind legs along the inside of the leg to the hock. The length is correct when the hind leg reaches the dog�s hock.
Note! If the overalls are acquired to protect the fur of a longhaired dog, the legs can be longer than listed above. However, the overalls should in this case be used only when the dog is monitored by the owners.
Our dog just had surgery and KeepDoggieSafe worked with us to make sure we had everything she needed to be safe. It was like we had our own private vet consultation. The onesie and wound boots saved the day. THANKS
This is the first time I've used a coupler and really didn't know if it would work for my little heathens..... From day one they walked well together and I'm so glad I got it. Thanks for a great product and very speedy delivery!