We recommend adding a spotlit or a cliplight to your dog's harness and the basket for extra safety at dusk & dawn.Product De-Tails:
- For Pets up to 16 lbs
- Sleek design with two pouches and zippered pockets
- Fleece pad with internal tether to keep pet safely inside
- 600 denier nylon shell with sturdy floor and sides
- Universal bike attachment is easy to install on most bikes
- Removable cover is machine washable and dryable
- Three point safety strap secures pet inside
- High visibility reflective strip sewn to cover
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Machine washable Black Quilt and Fleece
- A strap is provided to secure your pet to a harness.
- Securely straps to rear bicycle rack and frame.
Outside: 19"L x 16"W x 10" H
Inside: 16" L x 10" W
Measures 15.5 x 11.5 x 11.5-inches; for pets up to 16-pounds
What Size Dog Bike Basket Should I Get?
In all cases, as a general rule when in doubt get the larger size. Why? Because if the size you choose is too small, it will not do at all. If it is perhaps a little too big, at least it is big enough and it will do.
Dog baskets for bicycles are generally available in 3 sizes, for dogs and pet 12 pounds and less. Medium size dog baskets for bikes are for dogs and pets in the 16 pound range and the largest size of dog baskets for bikes is for 24 or 25 lb. dogs, however these are rear mount dog bike baskets.
It is not recommended to try putting a dog that is very much larger than 16 pounds in a handlebar mount pet bicycle basket. This amount of weight on the handlebars can cause handling and stability problems with your bicycle.
If you do have a dog in the larger 17 to 25 pound range, we suggest a rear mounting dog pet carrier as they will have a lower center of gravity on your bicycle and are rigidly mounted to the rear of your bike. This will alleviate the problems of a large weight attached to your handlebars.
If you have a large dog or pet you might consider a bike trailer for dogs. These are quite versatile and easy to use.