A premium protective collar designed to protect your pet from reaching injuries, rashes, or post surgery wounds.
The Contech Procollar was awarded the Safety Seal for: Durability, Ease of Use, Comfort and Our Dog Stops Scratching Instantly with this product
E-Collar Recommendations - Healing Collar/ Kong Cloud Collar
- Healing Collar/ ProCollar prevents the dog from getting to the back area of the body.
- Kong Cloud collar is a another version of the Healing Collar, that is a little less durable and softer material than the Procollar.
It's a good inexpensive alternative to the Procollar
- Great alternative to comfy cone -every dog is different and each collar has a different set of needs
- ProCollar has an inflatable inner bladder made of a plastic vinyl that is inflated through a two-way air valve much like a beach ball.
- NOTE-The healing collar is gray-not blue
- Once inflated, the size and thickness of the ProCollar function as a soft deterrent.
- The inner bladder is protected by a pliable plastic outer jacket lined with a durable canvas material to resist bites and scratches.
- ProCollar is held in place by inserting the pet's everyday collar through the the ProCollar's three inner rings. The velcro strap should be placed at the back of the neck and then adjusted for a perfect fit.
- While wearing the ProCollar, pets are able to eat, sleep and play at ease while staying protected.
- To prevent another animal from biting the patient's collar; Rub with bitter apple or ammonia.
- Machine washable or can be washed with anti-bacterial soap and/or ammonia and laid flat to dry.
- Prices range from $19.95 for xsmall to $25.95 for xlarge
To find the perfect fit:
Here are some examples of breeds with ProCollar sizing:
- Measure the smallest part of your pet's neck starting from the back.
- If your pet's measurement is in between sizes, always use the larger size.
- X-Small: Chihuahuas and Toy-like breeds, cats
- Small: Yorkie, Maltese-like breeds
- Medium: Boston Terrier, Beagle-like breeds
- Large: Boxer, Australian Shepherd-like breeds
- X-Large: Labrador, Golden Retriever-like breeds
- XX-Large: German Shepherd, Mastiff-like breeds
I purchased a medium healing collar for my Llassa Apso who suffers from skin allergies. She doesn't show she minds wearing it (I can put it on her without her resisting me). It prevents her from totally from scratching under the back of her body. She has managed to get to her paws but it has been great to see her underside healing. The medication she has taken it easing up the itch on her paws. Right now she is asleep next to my chair wearing the collar!
Thank you from me and Phoebe
We have three different e-Collars. Our recommendations is to use the Comfy Cone to prevent the dog from reaching the front paws and front of the body - IN ADDITION to the hind quarters
The Healing Collar is great for preventing the dog from getting to the back area of the body.
The Kong collar is a another version of the Healing Collar, that is a little less durable but inexpensive-it's good for gentler, less active dogs, and when your dog will only need it for a few days.
ProCollar Elizabethan Collar can be easily placed around the collar of the animal, thus helping to prevent him from biting a wound, bandage, or stitches, while preserving the autonomy of a natural lifestyle for the animal. Collar is extremely well tolerated, in particular with cats. Dogs seem to forget its presence once wearing the ProCollar.
Your pet's vision and feeding habits will not be impaired by the ProCollar. It also gives the pet a comfortable place to rest his head, giving support, like a made-to-order cushion. Another great advantage of the ProCollar is that it will not damage your furniture or mark your walls, as was often the case with the traditional Elizabethan Collar. Always monitor a pet post surgery to ensure collar is working properly. Some pets may be able to maneuver around any collar.
- Inflate ProCollar via air valve. (Do not use a
- To Secure ProCollar in place:
- Loop your pet's everyday collar through the
three inner rings of the ProCollar.
- Securely fasten pet's everyday collar.
- Connect Velcro strap on the ProCollar.
For larger breeds with longer limbs, or breeds in
between sizes, always size up!
Always monitor a pet post surgery
to ensure collar
is working properly. Some pets may be able to
maneuver around any collar.