The Insect Shield Dog T-shirt passed the dog panel tests because it is mesh so it's breathable. Additionally, this design was preferred over dog t-shirts with arms because it was easier to take on & off.
The Insect Shield Dog T-shirt is so easy to use! Pull over style shirt. Slip it over your dogs head and place your dog's legs through the arm holes and you're set for bug-free adventures with a cute sporty style!
Doggles Insect Shield T-shirts protect against a variety of insects that can carry dangerous diseases, including fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. This EPA registered technology is long-lasting, effective, and convenient. Doggles Insect Shield T-shirts use a man-made version of a natural repellent found in certain types of chrysanthemum flowers. This long lasting formula lasts through approximately 70 washings, which is more than the typical life of a garment.
Customers report fleas jump on the T-shirt and then jump off!
- Repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers, and no-see-ums.
- Long lasting: Repels insects through approximately 70 launderings!
- Less exposure to chemicals than sprays or topicals since none of the insecticide gets onto your dog's skin.
- Uses a non-toxic man-made version of a natural repellent found in chrysanthemum flowers.
- No odor!: The repellant in the Insect Shield fabric is completely undetectable.
- Safe! Reduce your dog's exposure to chemicals, sprays or topicals since none of the insecticide gets onto your dog's skin.
- Lightweight and breathable cotton-poly blend is great for even warm days (you could wet it to make it a cooling product!). Gray color with reflective detail.
Insect Shield Dog T-shirt by Doggles uses safe, state-of-the-art insect repelling technology to protect your dog from a variety of insects that can carry dangerous diseases.
- Insect Shield Dog T-shirt repels ticks, mosquitoes, ants, flies, chiggers, and midges! It is not rated for fleas, but the active ingredient, permethrin, is contained in many flea products.
- The Insect Shield Dog T-shirt is so easy to use! Slip it over your dog's head and place your dog's legs through the arm holes and you're set for bug-free adventures with a cute sporty style!
How it works: The Insect Shield T-shirt by Doggles, is made of fabric that is bonded to permethrin using the same EPA rated technology as that for human Insect Shield clothing. Permethrin is a man-made derivative of Chrysanthemum flower extract. Permethrins have been used in flea and tick dips, shampoos, etc. for dogs for many years.
Sizing - Measure your dog from tail to collarbone:
How it works: The Insect Shield T-shirt by Doggles, is made of fabric that is bonded (by magic!) to permethrin using the same EPA rated technology as that for human Insect Shield clothing. Permethrin is a man-made derivative of Chrysanthemum flower extract. Permethrins have been used in flea and tick dips, shampoos, etc for dogs for many years.
Four Steps to Eradicate Fleas
Four steps are required to completely eradicate a flea population, and if they are not all done in the appropriate time frame, the fleas will be back in full force within a few weeks.
Step 1: Treating the Infestation on the Pet
Pets need to be treated to remove fleas. Effective methods for removing fleas include having the pet shampooed or dipped. If the pet has a mild infestation, a topical treatment, spray, or powder can be used.
Step 2: Treating Infested Areas Around the House
The house/apartment needs to be treated using a product with an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR). The IGR is a synthetic form of a hormone that prevents the flea eggs and larvae still existing in the home from developing and hatching.
Once a female flea is exposed to an IGR, any eggs she lays after the exposure will not hatch. IGRs can protect against flea breeding populations for up to 270 days.
If foggers are used, one must be placed in each room of the house/apartment. A hand spray will be needed for use under and behind furniture, drapes, etc.
A hand spray can be used exclusively, if desired, but it is much more labor intensive and can be very expensive in large homes.
Walls and the backs of window coverings that are near the floor should be sprayed at least to a height of three feet.
Foggers do not need to be used in the bathroom or kitchen, unless they are carpeted. However, a hand spray should be used around the baseboards and cabinet bases.
All people and pets,should be removed until the insecticide product has dried and the room has been aired out.
Step 3: Use a Preventative to Stop Re-infestation
Once all this is completed, the pet should be protected from a new infestation with the regular use of a product such as a topical treatment, flea collar or oral preventive from a veterinarian.
Step 4: Treat the Premises Again in 14 Days
Insecticides cannot kill one part of the four stages in flea development (the pupae), so the premises will need to be treated again in 14 days.
This second treatment does not need to include an IGR, although it is okay to use one if it is more convenient.